You can use a Multi-Factor Authenticator application on your smartphone to confirm access to CPACharge when being asked for a validation code. In this article, we outline how to set this up with Google Authenticator.
To get started, first ensure you have the Google Authenticator app installed on your mobile device. Next, follow the below steps in CPACharge:
- Click your name in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- In the top right, click Get Started under 'Verify With a Multi-Factor Authenticator'.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the screen in CPACharge with your cell phone.
- After scanning the QR code, enter the code provided by the Google Authenticator app on your cellphone into the 'Authentication Code' field in CPACharge.
- Your account is now set up to use Google Authenticator to receive validation codes.
Moving forward when CPACharge asks for a validation code, open the Google Authenticator app on your phone and type in the code provided by the app. You will be asked for a validation code every 30 days or when a new browser session is detected.
If you wish to remove the authenticator, click Remove Authenticator under Settings in CPACharge. This will return your validation code settings to how they were previously.